In recent years, public awareness of the problem of indoor air pollution has led to an increase in the number of employees filing workers’ compensation claims. There has also been an increase in the number of suits against developers, builders, architects, and related professionals for illnesses related to indoor air quality.
To investigate these claims, NFC has assembled a team of professionals, including certified industrial hygienists, chemists, biochemists, toxicologists, mechanical engineers, and HVAC specialists. Our team of scientists and engineers performs indoor air quality investigations followed by concrete recommendations for remediation.
Services available include:
- Visually inspect the facility, interview the complainants, and formulate a plan of action
- Inspect the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Measure indoor environmental conditions, e.g., temperature, humidity, and percentage of “outside air”
- Check for microorganisms, e.g., bacteria and molds
- Measure levels of volatile organic compounds