In most fire investigations and almost all subrogation matters, there is evidence that needs to be retained.
This applies, too, in product liability claims investigated by NFC, where the object of the claim needs to be secured while the issue of liability is resolved. Oftentimes, other parties beyond the initial investigator need an opportunity to examine evidence, and any irregularities in the way the evidence has been stored or handled can jeopardize a case.
All evidence is:
- Properly preserved at the loss site directly by our expert
- Documented, signed, and retained according to standard chain of custody practices
- Transported directly to our secure evidence storage facility
- Photographed and labeled upon receipt
- Housed appropriately to eliminate opportunities for cross contamination
- Easily located when needed through our customized archive and retrieval database