Our consultants have the experience and ability, working in conjunction with the Surety’s legal counsel where necessary, to expeditiously resolve bond claims.
NFC has available construction professionals of diverse disciplines: managers, estimators, and schedulers, as well as architects, engineers, and certified public accountants with surety experience. They are well qualified to evaluate the options available and to advise the Surety on the best approach to resolve contractor defaults, thereby meeting their bonded obligations.
When a contractor default occurs, NFC can quickly evaluate conditions, develop and assess alternate options, and recommend the direction to take to mitigate the costs and subsequent delay that the contractor’s default caused. Our consultants have the experience and ability, working in conjunction with the Surety’s legal counsel where necessary, to expeditiously resolve bond claims.
Services available include:
- Contract analysis
- Change order and work request evaluations
- Construction delay and other claims reviews
- Contract re-let bid packages
- Contract negotiations and scheduling
- Evaluation and/or contractor selection
- Evaluation and negotiation to minimize liquidated damage
- Expert reports
- Payment and claim analysis
- Subrogation considerations
- Oversight management