Sick Building Syndrome/Indoor Air Pollution
Public awareness of the problem of indoor air pollution has grown the number of employees filing workers’ compensation claims.
In recent years, as public awareness of the problem of indoor air pollution has grown the number of employees filing workers’ compensation claims or suing developers, builders, architects, etc. for illness related to indoor air quality has increased dramatically.
To investigate these claims, NFC has assembled a team of professionals including, certified industrial hygienists, chemists, biochemists, toxicologists, mechanical engineers, and HVAC specialists. Our team of scientists and engineers performs indoor air quality investigations followed by concrete recommendations for remediation.
Services available include:
- Visually inspect the facility, interview the complainants, and formulate a plan of action
- Inspect the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Measure indoor environmental conditions, e.g. temperature, humidity, and percentage of “outside air”
- Check for microorganisms, e.g. bacteria, molds
- Measure levels of volatile organic compounds